4 pin CPU fan not working

hey guys, just got my new heatsink. The beast itself, the Hyper 212+. Very happy with it so far, no hassles yet, except for one tiny problem. The 4 pin connector on my mobo doesn't seem to want to give power to my fan. Whenever i turn on my computer, i see the fan try to move, but it never actually does unless i manually spin it, in which case it spins very VERY slowly. This happened before with my stock AMD 4 pin fan and had to plug it into my 3 pin connector and manually control the speed with speed fan. Now, i don't mind this being a last resort as speedfan works quite well, but i just want to see if i can figure out what's wrong with my 4 pin. I checked the BIOS and everything is set like it should be with AMD Cool n' Quiet set on auto, but just in case i set everything back to optimal settings, but it still didn't work. If anyone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, you need to use the cpu fan chassis on the board to run the cpu cooler. If it doesn't work, then you need to rma the motherboard and get a new one.