45 nm prices

footballdude2k3

anybody know where to find what they are gonna be? i wanna get one i think, but i would like to see how comparable they are to other things

JLV2k5

Upon the release, I heard the prices will be around $400. Who knows if this is accurate. I personally had anticipated them to be more expensive but we shall see in about a week.

Geoff

VIP Member
Upon the release, I heard the prices will be around $400. Who knows if this is accurate. I personally had anticipated them to be more expensive but we shall see in about a week.
$400 for which product? There are going to be several upon release.

There was a thread a little while back which had prices for the upcoming 45nm quad and dual core processors. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
[-0MEGA-];870114 said:
$400 for which product? There are going to be several upon release.

There was a thread a little while back which had prices for the upcoming 45nm quad and dual core processors. Do a search and I'm sure you will find it.

45nm.jpg

In another thread, I suggested that the Q9450 may, at first, release around $400 due to demand.

JLV2k5

Well this sounds good. I will be interested in the E8400 and E8500 I think. I have heard some poor things about Quad core processors. Things like they are not utilized to their potential yet and blah blah.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Things like they are not utilized to their potential yet and blah blah.

ha ha. Yeah, it's true that some applications and games do not utilize all four cores. However, game developers are aware that quad-core computing is the future, and they will begin to release games that take full advantage of the CPU. Consider a quad-core purchase as a way of future-proofing. :) The dual-cores are good, too.

JLV2k5

ha ha. Yeah, it's true that some applications and games do not utilize all four cores. However, game developers are aware that quad-core computing is the future, and they will begin to release games that take full advantage of the CPU. Consider a quad-core purchase as a way of future-proofing. :) The dual-cores are good, too.

Nicely put, I completely agree.

And footballdude2k3, we seem to have similar budgets, I would hate to pay much over $200 for a CPU so the 8400 and 8500 attract me.

footballdude2k3

yea sounds like it, i cant wait until mine is all done, this is my first build for myself, i always build friends computers and help them, but im sick of being outdated, so im finally gonna upgrade!!

JLV2k5

I plan on building my first this summer. By then I will go through like 5 designs, all the prices on things will change and new products will be released (Jan 20)

lovely?

yeah it looks like it will be a waiting game for me, if the e8400 really hits its price mark, AND beats out similarly prices processors from intel and AMD (since the phenom 9500 is so cheap i will take it into consideration also)

in a nutshell, if the 8400 kills an e6850 or something like that then my mind is made up for me lol

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
in a nutshell, if the 8400 kills an e6850 or something like that then my mind is made up for me lol

The E8400 is better than the 6850 due to the increase in cache and better manufacturing technology. With good cooling, you could probably take it beyond 4GHz. ;)

ride3k

yeah it looks like it will be a waiting game for me, if the e8400 really hits its price mark, AND beats out similarly prices processors from intel and AMD (since the phenom 9500 is so cheap i will take it into consideration also)

why does it need to kill a CPU with the same claock speed, lower cache, and more cash money? i think as long as it matched it, hell even if it was slightly subpar to it the projected price is defiently worth it purely for the 45nm tech

lovely?

why does it need to kill a CPU with the same claock speed, lower cache, and more cash money? i think as long as it matched it, hell even if it was slightly subpar to it the projected price is defiently worth it purely for the 45nm tech

nah to me a real improvement must have been made for it to be worth it.