4GB d,ominator showing as 2.25, im running Windows XP pro

pies

theres no problem im not sure why but it will do that my 160 gig only shows up as 149

hermeslyre

VIP Member
theres no problem im not sure why but it will do that my 160 gig only shows up as 149

the reason your 160g hdd shows up as 149g is because hdd manufactuers use 1000mb's to measure a full gigabyte, while windows uses the more correct 1024.. so in actuality you only have a 149gb hard drive.. works the same way for everyone else.

Hanzu has a different problem.. one i'm going to try to figure out. :)

edit: make sure all the ram you have installed is compatible with your motherboard.. you can do this by reviewing your motherboard manual, or googling your motherboard model.

double edit doh': i wasn't paying attention to your specs, forgive me ;) Does windows even reconize more than 2gb?

Last edited:

kof2000

like that is really going to help us find out the problem without telling the mobo brand and model.

pies

thanks for clearing that up sorry i thought he ment hdd but ya windows xp will only recognize i believe one gig per slot and only two gigs on some boards on some motherboards

Last edited:

newatit27

Yes I had The exacat sam Problem Xp will only read a maximum of 3G I believe. To get it to use the full 4G you need to use 3gb/switch to allow the Pc to see the total 3 gig and have the other one gig as sperate.