4Ghz i7 920...

Dean11

Hey, just a question about overclocking.. I have my 920 at 4ghz. So cpu-z says it is but in windows and in everest it only registers at 3.8ghz. I have HT, c1 and turbo off. I trust cpu-z to be the correct one? but just need to be sure.
25244036.jpg

Last edited:

Hsv_Man

Nice overclock dean11 what heatsink fan are you using to make this overclock and what temps are you getting? :good:

Dean11

Multiplier at 21x.. 191 bclk. Windows thinks the multiplier is at 20x. I have the prolimatech mega shadow load temps 70*c with 1.4v vcore.

Hsv_Man

the multipliers are default locked in the bios there are ways to get around it i.e 21 multi but i'm afraid can not be discussed on this forum to my knowledge anyway. Nice temps on the mega shadow I got some as5 if you need it just come round. Also what fans did you go with and did you go with a push/pull config and what static pressure do they run?

bomberboysk

21x multi will scale under load to 20x, as the 920 is only 21x with turbo on.

Also, HSV, there is no way around a locked multiplier as it is a hardware lock.

Dean11

Ok so it is actually running at 3.8? It says on post 4ghz.. I heard they overclock better on 21x. Should i drop it to 20x and try 200 bclk?

Dean11

who cares about fan speeds lol.. ive got the multi on 19x with 211 bclk. Froze on the 16th hour of prime 95. Almost got it running 100% stable..