5.1 on my laptop help

spamdos

i just bought creative 530 5.1 speakers and only the front two and the sub work. i realise this is because i am running it on a laptop. it only has one input port for the speakers. the laptop is very new and it is very good should it support 5.1 and how can i connect all 5 and the sub to the one port.

the connection is three inputs black, green and orange help

ViperGTS19801

Go to CompUSA or BestBuy for instant gratification, or try newegg for better pricing but you have to wait. You're looking for a 5.1 capable SoundBlaster PCMCIA card to slide into the slot on the side of your lappy.

Johnnyboy0056

spamdos said:
its very new and expensive

doesnt mean anything.....price range is rediculous these days :)

the other speakers, are u sure they dont plug into the subwoofer. also, set up ur speaker setting to support the surround soudn supprt.

Geoff

VIP Member
ViperGTS19801 said:
Go to CompUSA or BestBuy for instant gratification, or try newegg for better pricing but you have to wait. You're looking for a 5.1 capable SoundBlaster PCMCIA card to slide into the slot on the side of your lappy.

its actually called the Audigy 2ZS but its designed for a notebook, you can either get that for about $120 or get an external soundblaster for about $30.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
spamdos said:
the connection is three inputs black, green and orange help

i dont see why it wouldn't work when it has the three jacks. Probably you have the settings wrong. I had that same problem until i realized that in my audio mixer it was set to 2 speakers instead of 6. Try looking around for a mixer and see if you can change the settings.

randruff

If he has the green, black, and orange jacks, he has 5.1. As stated above, you more than likely need to basically tell your computer "hey you arse, I want 5.1, not 2 speakers!!" You need to go into the settings in control panel, under sound i beleive, and it should give the option in there.

Kanduu

If you only have one jack-socket, you can buy three mini-jack-splitters, and connect
your speakers that way. However, you will only get stereo-output, not 5.1 surround

spamdos

so this thirty dollar external card will allow me to use 5.1, i have tried to set my computer but it doesnt work, oh liuiuboy did u have the three inputs plugged in because i have only one socket.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
i dont see why it wouldn't work when it has the three jacks. Probably you have the settings wrong. I had that same problem until i realized that in my audio mixer it was set to 2 speakers instead of 6. Try looking around for a mixer and see if you can change the settings.

If he has the green, black, and orange jacks, he has 5.1. As stated above, you more than likely need to basically tell your computer "hey you arse, I want 5.1, not 2 speakers!!" You need to go into the settings in control panel, under sound i beleive, and it should give the option in there.

whoa! :D. One minute he has 1 jack and the next he has 3? ;). Anyhow I believe he said he has one.

its actually called the Audigy 2ZS but its designed for a notebook, you can either get that for about $120 or get an external soundblaster for about $30.

As already said, There ya go :D.