Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 4.0 4.0
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB 4.9
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 5.2
Gaming graphics 1791 MB Total available graphics memory 6.1
Primary hard disk 19GB Free (74GB Total) 5.4
Windows 7 Ultimate

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model Dimension 4700
Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 1
64-bit capable No

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1006 GB
Disk partition (C:) 19 GB Free (74 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (G:) 257 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Media drive (H:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Total available graphics memory 1791 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1279 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.632.1.2000
Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
Secondary monitor resolution 1280x960
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Network Adapter ADMtek AN983 based ethernet adapter

i have a creative inspire 3500 5.1 system

i am using the default sound on the mother board...
on the card i have the colors yellow black green blue red
on the back of my sub... i have orange black green

i run the sound test in the control panel and front back and center + sub all test fine.... but when i play music i only get my 2 fronts working with the sub..
but i hear a slight fuzz in the rears and center channel
i tried playing world at war....and the option for 5.1 wasnt lit up....

which leaves me to believe i may need a better sound card....

but im puzzled because everything works in the test :confused:

the way i have it setup is black to black, green to green, and orange to yellow.

i have tried unplugging the orange all together and everything still works...

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Twist86

Most motherboards wont come with 5.1 sound by default....most buy a audio card that supports it and that is what it seems like to me. Double check with Dell and see if your motherboard has a 5.1 integrated....considering its Dell I am sure this is the issue.

squ1rr7y

ive been doing a lot of reading....and a lot of people are having 5.1 issues with windows 7....i know that this same speaker setup workd with my win xp confiq.....im thinking of upgrading the sound card..but not sure if thats going to help...

bomberboysk

Music/Audio is recorded in stereo and therefore will only play from two speakers without changing some settings. Check in your audio control panel for a "surround audio" or "stereo expand" type of option.

linkin

VIP Member
First of all: Look on the back of your computer. how many audio ports do you have? If you have 6, then check your audio settings in control panel. If you have 3 or less, you will need to buy an audio card that supports 5.1 audio.

bomberboysk

First of all: Look on the back of your computer. how many audio ports do you have? If you have 6, then check your audio settings in control panel. If you have 3 or less, you will need to buy an audio card that supports 5.1 audio.

He has already stated in his OP that his speakers are connected, and when running a channel test all channels are working.
i run the sound test in the control panel and front back and center + sub all test fine.... but when i play music i only get my 2 fronts working with the sub..