5.1 sound in music on vista

wafflez

Hi all, I come to you seeking help on how to get music to play out of all 5 of my speakers in vista. For reference, I have the realtek integrated 5.1 card that came with my motherboard, and 5.1 logitech speakers. On xp, it works fine though...Just in vista, in either itunes or wmp, the sound only comes out of 2 speakers + the subwoofer. I've configured it correctly in vista, and during games the 5.1 surround works fine. Is there any way to synthetically split the sound into all 5 speakers using even a random third party fix? google gave me nothing =(.

Thanks a bunch.

PC eye

banned
You should check Gigabyte's support site for a software update for Vista since that will include the drivers and software for Vista when that version is selected for the OS. With the update that will also see the speaker settings included. The other option is simply to put the sound mixer in the headphones setting to see all speakers used.

wafflez

I've done both ;_;. I seldom post for help on this forum because I usually scour the internet for answers first. What I'm really hoping for here is some other vista user who found a fix to the problem. I've tried everything in the provided software and nothing.

PC eye

banned
It sounds like the software for the onboard simply didn't install fully. The idea there was to replace what is already installed with an update selected for Vista. Don't bad the opposite was seen in XP with the Creative Xtreme Audio model where the July 7th update saw web updater3 for Vista when selecting XP as the OS. Yet the Dec. 06 update was for XP. It was the auto updater that would download Vista drivers. Lately it seems they don't where to put the correct drivers and software.

wafflez

ah. you may have a point...after yesterday's windows update on the audio driver, i can't even get to the realtek's provided audio control panel software >_>.

PC eye

banned
I'm still having fun with the ATI catalyst at the moment. I've gone through the entire registry to remove any ATI entries as well as the control panel and even booted in safe mode to manually remove drivers in the Windows\system32 folder. Despite all the latest update reports another catalyst version is still installed?

The MS update saw a newer driver but still no catalyst. When previously using the optional updates with the custom not express option there that saw the Vista drivers downloaded as well as going to Creative's own support site or allowing the installer to go there. Always so much debugging their goofs. :eek: :p