+5 V Standby problem?

darth yoda

I didnt know where else to put this thread, hope its in the right place, if not i appologise.

In everest is says the max my +5 V Standby should be is 5.50 volts. Mine is currently (and has been since i checked) at 5.45v. it is sending out a warning. i was wondering if this could damage anything and can i fix it?

Here is a screenshot of everest.

voltageprob.jpg

Thank to anyone who can reply/help.

darth yoda

Get out a multimeter and probe the power supply, the red colored lead is the +5vdc, while black is ground.

thanx for the reply. is there anyway to fix it without buying anything? also i dont understand what u meant by what u said.

is it dangerous having a higher voltage and what does it mean, why is it happening? iv heard of crappy power supply's giving under votage, but not over voltage.

thanks for the help.

bomberboysk

thanx for the reply. is there anyway to fix it without buying anything? also i dont understand what u meant by what u said.

is it dangerous having a higher voltage and what does it mean, why is it happening? iv heard of crappy power supply's giving under votage, but not over voltage.

thanks for the help.

Sometimes the voltage monitors that everest use arent that accurate, as it showed my +5v at 3.6V and i probed it with a multimeter and it showed 4.996V if i remember right. What power supply do you have anyhow? If its a quality power supply such as ocz/corsair/pcpower&cooling/Seasonic/etc then its highly likely its just a sensor issue.

darth yoda

Sometimes the voltage monitors that everest use arent that accurate, as it showed my +5v at 3.6V and i probed it with a multimeter and it showed 4.996V if i remember right. What power supply do you have anyhow? If its a quality power supply such as ocz/corsair/pcpower&cooling/Seasonic/etc then its highly likely its just a sensor issue.

thanx for the reply

i have a codegen 450W powersupply. i havnt had any problems before with it. i checked another computer and it didnt have a +5 standby power only +5v. i dont know why, maybe didnt have a sensor? anyway i hope its not a problem

thanks for your help

regards