501!!!!

Discussion in 'Internet Discussion' started by whatsmydingo, Feb 26, 2004.

1. whatsmydingo

whatsmydingo New Member

OK so this is so VERY annoying! All of a sudden my computer, or really just IE6 decided to act up and not go to anything. Almost everytime I try to open a site it gets this 501 error - not implemented. And then other times it'll work for that site. And then it'll stop again. Any ideas???? I've already tried anti-virus, ad-aware, windows updates, done the "repair" option in IE in the add/remove section, and completely reinstalled IE6SP1. Nothing is working!!! Help please?? (the sooner the better... I have a report due soon :( :( :( )

2. whatsmydingo

whatsmydingo New Member

no ideas? =\

3. Christopher

Christopher VIP Member

Maybe its your ISP. 501 means a bad URL, correct?

If you think it might be your browser, try downloading Mozilla or something and check it out with that.

4. whatsmydingo

whatsmydingo New Member

yeah.. it's odd... the problems seems to have cleared itself up... Mozilla had a few problems yesterday, but now things seem to be settling down. Although, reformatting my comp still is probaby a good idea

5. vladimirbot

vladimirbot New Member

!!

Try downloading mozilla firefox, it rocks!!!

6. whatsmydingo

whatsmydingo New Member

Yeah that's what my friend did, and since then I've been using it. The only thing that I don't get is background sounds... I don't know if they aren't supported or if I have them turned off some how...