512mb 7800 Gtx Pics And Stats!

pbsk8er03

Ok got this over at hardforum.com. The release of the 7800 GTX 512mb is approaching sooner than you may think, and check out these stats! I was just about to purchase a GTX, thank go I am waiting until xmas! Sorry ATI, once again, nVIDIA has beat you...hehhe.

STATS: XFX has clocked it at an astonishing 580/1730 mhz. I'm sure this will keep up with FEAR just fine :)

PICS:
7800GTX-512MB-bg-01.jpg

RELEASE DATE PREDICTION: Within the next week or two, some people are saying November 7th, but who knows. Poor ATI:(

To read more head over to www.hardforum.com or visit this link:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=972461

Inquirer was first to leak, read one of the first threads over at xtremesystems!:

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78794

Some more over at Xtreme, about the November 7th release date

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77870

WOOT!

Last edited:

34erd

Wow... I should have gotten a crappy video card now and got the "ultra" for christmas.

pbsk8er03

34erd said:
Wow... I should have gotten a crappy video card now and got the "ultra" for christmas.
Well atleast you have a computer. I am comp less until christmas, but it wil be worth it, hopefull the price on these will be around 450-500 by xmas.

randruff

pbsk8er03 said:
Well atleast you have a computer. I am comp less until christmas, but it wil be worth it, hopefull the price on these will be around 450-500 by xmas.

Not a chance.

super_xero

o cant wait if it comes out before christmass i may need to open my piggy bank of blood sweat and tears and get me one of those babys

mega10169

Wow, slap a couple of those in a computer and you'll be good for at least a year. ATI will have to something huge to get back in the playing field.

Dilly man 2

glad the gtx is out of stock, i almost bout it at 509$
CLOSE ONE!

should i spend the extra 150?
or go with the 256 non ultra slower regular gtx>...?
;)

Mr.Suave

the 7th? it says here it comes out the 14th.
Also i dont see how the extra 256mb will be a big difference?
I read this review about the 512mb X1800XT and they did a comparison to the 256mb 7800GTX, they were pretty much even and near the end of the review it said "Radeon has 512MB of memory, but Nvidia is coming out with such a card and you can clearly see that 512MB doesn't make any kind of significant difference in all of the tests."

Archangel

VIP Member
Mr.Suave said:
Also i dont see how the extra 256mb will be a big difference?
I read this review about the 512mb X1800XT and they did a comparison to the 256mb 7800GTX, they were pretty much even and near the end of the review it said "Radeon has 512MB of memory, but Nvidia is coming out with such a card and you can clearly see that 512MB doesn't make any kind of significant difference in all of the tests."

the extra 256 Mb will be a great help in future Games,.. they want to give games extreme high textures, and the GPU needs the Ram for 16x AF and full AA :)