$600 Budget

Gary1

I have a client that wants a computer built. He does use it for Photoshop and several other programs that are less taxing than Photoshop. He would like to keep budget from $600 to $1200. What I have right now is...
Power Supply and Case
Motherboard and CPU
RAM
Hard Drive

The PSU is way overkill but I have not found a 80 PLUS GOLD Certified PSU that I could depend on and not cost $199. I have not had a single issue with the last 5 Cooler Master PSU.

Edit.. GPU is not necessary but recommendations are welcome.

Last edited:

kdfresh09

if your building him a computer for adobe line a software, then an nvidia gpu would be recomended since thier software utilizes cuda technology and it will speed up the rendering process. also look into getting at least 2 hard drives so he can use one for his scratch disc in adobe. it will also speed up the program and prevent lag. be sure they are both at least 7200 rpm. the more ram the beter when it comes to adobe, so i would get him at least 8 gigs of some 1600 or higher ram. if your going with the i3, then the gtx 550 ti would do him well with rendering.

Gary1

Wolfeking, I did go with a OCZ 650 watt and it was so light I don't think I can bring myself to buy another one. The exterior build quality was not as high as I expected. Everyone has a POS model though. I have had really good luck with Cooler Master PSU's. I bought the HAF 922, I liked it but it was delivered to me with the top bezel busted completely off. For the extra $30 the Storm sniper fit the bill. To me the 922 is a nice case, but it did not appear complete. It looks so much nicer in the photo. The storm sniper is not as long so it might not hold the really long GPU's but its a solid case. I installed 3 hard drives on the system so it was important to have a case that could upgrade to at least 5, both the HAF and storm sniper are capable. Thanks for the GPU recommendations. Come to find out the GPU is the least important piece for Photoshop so it can be expected someone would suggest the 550ti.