!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by m0nk3ys1ms, Oct 10, 2006.

1. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms Active Member

Ok, my motherboard came yesterday. I hooked everything up, and I booted into Windows. I went to burn a CD, and there was a message that said the drive was in use, so I turned off my PC, and I unplugged my CD drive, and plugged it back in again and it was fine. Then, I put in my Windows XP disc to format my HDD. I deleted the partition, and then while the HDD was formatting, my PC froze. I turned off my PC, and tried to run the disc again. It froze while the drivers for the disc were loading. Next I try an Ubuntu disc, and it freezes while loading. The next thing I did was go into the BIOS to make sure I had turned SMART on. The stupid thing froze up in the BIOS as well! I shut it down, and I cleared the CMOS, and now when I boot, I don't get any signal on my monitor.

Anybody have any ideas?

2. Saurian

Saurian Member

Cry? :)

Do you have another optical drive?

3. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms Active Member

Actually now that I think about it, it seems as though the CD drive loses power. I'm going to try a different molex, and see if that fixes it.

4. Flipper

Flipper New Member

Happened with my friend as well!!!!!!! It was his optical drive actually.

5. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms Active Member

I think there may be something wrong with the motherboard. I'm not getting any beeps though.

6. m0nk3ys1ms

m0nk3ys1ms Active Member

I took out my RAM and graphics card and booted, and I got no beeps. I believe my board is dead.:mad:

7. Jet

Jet VIP Member

Sounds like it, with no beeps and all.

8. hells3000

hells3000 New Member

Is the board or is it the battery?