64 bit and palm issues

effinMaster

Im trying to get an older Palm TX5 to work with windows 64 bit laptop but their are no drivers out there. So i purchased a bluetooth dongle and tried hotsyncing it bluetooth but it runs through the hotsync but dosent work. I made sure both devices are open freed up the virtual serial port for it and like i said they both see each other and connect but dont finish the Hotsync. The only other thing i can think of is creating a virtual machine and putting vista 32 bit on it which it is actually compatible with. I would only like to use that as a last effort...any suggestions? If not I've never created a virtual machine...any tips on that? Anything will be appreciated, thank you

bomberboysk

Hmm, if you would want to create a virtual machine i would use windows xp x32 as it is alot lighter than vista and runs in a vm just fine;) For a virtual machine program use microsoft virtual pc 2007, its free and works just fine for purposes like that(vmware workstation is what i use mainly, but it aint free).

effinMaster

i think i found it!

ha i think its just as simple as getting the new update for palm desktop I'm downloading it now and windows vista 64bit you dont need to create a virtual serial port...i'll let you know if it works tom.

effinMaster

yep thats what i ended up doing and got it resolved but those directions on the pam site didnt help at all i played with it for 30 minutes then figured it out...thanks

Geoff

VIP Member
yep thats what i ended up doing and got it resolved but those directions on the pam site didnt help at all i played with it for 30 minutes then figured it out...thanks
Strange, worked when I tried it. Glad you got it figured out though!