64 bit OS installation crashes no matter what. Only 32 bit is allowed?

SamTheT

Hello everyone! I recently got myself a new AMD FX-4330 processor and an Asus M5A78L-M motherboard. When I installed everything I tried to run the computer and it did not worl at all. Windows crashed due to someone's careless memory management. I tried again and again and again, but still, it failed to start. So I installed a Windows 10 64 bit OS and it failed on the installation, but I tried again and it finally worked. I was downloading some stuff like Google Chrome when it crashed again due to memory leakage. And that happened again and again while I tried to install proper drivers for the system. When the system crashed again I said "Screw it. I am done." and installed Windows 7 32bit. And guess what? It worked perfectly! The problem is that I have 8 GB of RAM and I do not want to only use 4 of them.
So the actual question is : What the hell is wrong with my setup? I guess the problem is that the CPU does not support 64 bit, but it does. So does the motherboard. RAM itself is completely fine and the HDD is fine too, no damage. I even tried formatting the hard drive completely and setting it to MBR instead of GPT. Any ideas? Please. I am desperate and devastated.
Thanks in advance!

SamTheT

So what do I do then? Go to service centre and exchange it? Any other way to check if it does not work?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Run Memtest86+ and see if it errors. Even if it doesn't I'd swap it out with known good RAM and try the installation again.

beers

Staff member
As stated I'd run Memtest86+ and ensure you have the correct timings/voltage/speed set in BIOS.

Windows crashed due to someone's careless memory management.
it crashed again due to memory leakage.
I guess the problem is that the CPU does not support 64 bit
RAM itself is completely fine

dafuq.jpg~c200

SamTheT

Some driver was leaking the memory

Correct timings, voltage and speed for what? For RAM? The motherboard support all speeds up to 1800-something MHz, do I have to specify that I have 1600 in BIOS?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I do not think this is funny. Keep in mind, I am not a computer expert and I express my thoughts as good as I can.
If you have all the default settings set in the BIOS for RAM you're fine. Just run Memtest86+. You probably have defective RAM.

SamTheT

If you have all the default settings set in the BIOS for RAM you're fine. Just run Memtest86+. You probably have defective RAM.
Sadly, yes, I do. I ran memtest86 and at 50% of the test it already shows that RAM has 11k errors. Well, gotta go exchange. Thank you all for your help!