64 bit

robina_80

can anyone tell me when 64 bit applications are going to be starting coming out 4 64 bit cpus coz ders no piont getting a 64 bit cpu when nothing runs with it and can any1 tell me if dy know wot the windows longhorn o/s is 64 bit or 32 bit??? and wens it coming out in the uk

4W4K3

VIP Member
theres alot of reason to get it now or soon. for one when the apps actualy start coming out and people see how fast they are the hardware willl probably start to cost more again. and you can get alot better bench results and such with a 64bit system i believe.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
64bit apps have been around for some time now (otherwise there wouldnt be 64bit procs.... which also have been around for awhile ...at least with Alpha and more recently AMD but now im rambling).

The 64bit stuff i use is all video and math stuff and i wouldnt expect much past that for the next year or so :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
64bit apps have been around for some time now (otherwise there wouldnt be 64bit procs.... which also have been around for awhile ...at least with Alpha and more recently AMD but now im rambling).

i meant out on a larger scale, should have specified. what kind of math programs are you talking about though...i wanna see! lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Mathematica is a common one, something like GAMS (stats analysis/programming) also has 64bit support also if im not mistaken ... most university/industry-calibre math apps have 64bit support of some sort :)