64 Gig USB Flash Memory

The Astroman

Yeah, I'm back from China, where I bought a 15$ 64 GB USB key. And check out the amazing speeds below, 17 MB/s write and 14 MB/s read. :wow:

flashbench1gp3.png

flashbench2hu9.png

Windows sees it as an "Alcor Flash Disk".

Amazing what you'll get and at what price in China.

Engadget reports one at $5000. Looks like I got myself a sweet deal.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Sony? Eh, I don't know, something about that just doesn't look like their style :p But cool never the less. You should of picked up about 20 of them and re-sold some for $30 or something ;)

Geoff

VIP Member
Sony? Eh, I don't know, something about that just doesn't look like their style :p But cool never the less. You should of picked up about 20 of them and re-sold some for $30 or something ;)
Ya, you would have made a killing selling them on eBay!

nexolus

Honestly, I'd say take another trip there and buy a stockpile of them. Then come back and sell them for 100 a piece or something on ebay. You'd pay your ticket back and then some.

Geoff

VIP Member
You could probably also by a lot of electronics at discount prices, such as computer components and such.

The Astroman

Welcome to marketing in the whole world outside of china 101. But yeah, that's definitely what I should have done. It's definitely not Sony though, of course not legit, but hey, it works great, looks good, and most important, it's cheap. Great buy, that's for sure. I'm holding onto this one :D

I can imagine myself reading this in a year's time and thinking meh such a big fuss over such a small capacity lol.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Holy crap 64GB? Impossible! I'd try first getting 64GB of stuff on there, then brag. I haven't even heard of the 8GB's yet! but x8 the size???

nexolus

yeah try filling it up and see what happens. make sure you're 20 feet away, chinese counterfeited products are known to explode :)

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
You sure it's 64 gigs? I'm not doubting their pictures or anything, but it almost sounds too good to be true, even for China. You should try putting 64 gigs worth of data on the drive and then see if it actually transports to another computer.

2048Megabytes

This reminds me of the camera footage they got over in China that I saw on Fox News. It showed a street vendor (I believe) mixing paper in with the meat in the food they were selling.

Hsv_Man

That is an awesome deal i have never heard of a flash drive that large or for that cheap nice buy man