64 Gig USB Flash Memory

ANNR

how did you manage to find that? I was in china last summer and i must have looked over 10 supermarket for electronics and i was never able to find something that has 64gb of storage for 15 dollars us.

The Astroman

Well they were selling it for 1400 Yuan = approx. 186 USD but I bargained the price down to 120 Yuan = approx. 16 USD.

I will try transferring 60 some GBs worth of data and will report.

Geoff

VIP Member
Well they were selling it for 1400 Yuan = approx. 186 USD but I bargained the price down to 120 Yuan = approx. 16 USD.

How could you have bargained them down that much?! I wish you could do that at the local Best Buy, haha

oscaryu1

VIP Member

Impossible, unless you found it in the dumpster :p

Where ya going to find 60GB of data?

ANNR

where you speaking Chinese with them? or did you bargained with them in English?

I know very well how the bargain work in china since I am Chinese. I think they must have though you said 1200 Yuan instead of 120 Yuan, because it is very common for sellers to sell the products 10 to 20% lower than the price listed.

They will never sell something that 1400 originally down to 120, they how got all other sellers to consider about. That is just simply killing their own business.

You are one lucky man.

The Astroman

Hehe. Turns out it's actually worth nothing. D'oh! That link posted earlier more or less describe it. Oh well. I think I'll try to sell it or something.

@ ANNR
Bargained in english, and yes indeed, I managed to bargain down to 120. I'm pretty proud of my bargaining techniques. Hehe. Anyways, it's worth nothing of course so I still got ripped off. Oh well. At least I got a thrill out of it :D

Geoff

VIP Member
Hehe. Turns out it's actually worth nothing. D'oh! That link posted earlier more or less describe it. Oh well. I think I'll try to sell it or something.

@ ANNR
Bargained in english, and yes indeed, I managed to bargain down to 120. I'm pretty proud of my bargaining techniques. Hehe. Anyways, it's worth nothing of course so I still got ripped off. Oh well. At least I got a thrill out of it :D
How did you still get ripped off? Even if it isn't a Sony, it's still 64GB..

nexolus

If you'll read the sentence directly after the "worth nothing" he said it's pretty much how that other site describes it, meaning he tried it and it didn't work. I think.

testblah123

Did you tried to fill it completely with big files (movies) and try all these files?

As I heard, and I passed 2 years in China, these USB keys are not really 64 gigs. They are using 4 or 8 gigs keys and they modified the controller software to fake a 64Gb key.

So, all the files over the real capacity of the key (4gigs) are just in the index and are unusable...

Aastii

VIP Member
I love it when brand new people come (i know i'm no regular yet myself), the post was last used in november 2007 :p:p