Windows 7 64bit all browsers showing certificate error

RamDealer

Hello, I am using Dell E6320, and after I reinstalled Windows 7, I get this error, no matter what I do. I tried with home basic and ultimate and I get the same.

RamDealer

CHROME:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from bazar.bg (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

INTERNET EXPLORER:
red_shield_48.png

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

green_shield.png
Click here to close this webpage.

red_shield.png
Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

The strange part is that it works on google, but not on other sites. I tried setting the time, clearing the history, it does not work.

Site list:
bazar.bg
siteground.com

Darren

Staff member
Cracked version of Windows? You should be installing the version that the machine came with unless you bought another license. If it's a cracked version security/certificate errors wouldn't surprise me.

Time set right in the bottom right? This is probably it.

RamDealer

Cracked version of Windows? You should be installing the version that the machine came with unless you bought another license. If it's a cracked version security/certificate errors wouldn't surprise me.

Time set right in the bottom right? This is probably it.
The time is set right. The license is in 30 days trial, I have original Windows 7 pro, but I might change to Ultimate.

I think the problem is here:
Start menu -> search for "gpedit.msc" -> Local group policies -> Windows settings -> Security settings -> Public key policies -> in the window on the right there should be a "Public key policies" entry also, but there is not.

Darren

Staff member
If you're having this issue on a fresh install, like totally clean install except Windows update and a browser installed, then something is off. If time and data are set right, and Windows is up to date with all the security patches, it should work regardless of browser. Might go to internet options in control panel and under the advanced tab reset them. Try a different network driver? WiFi? Wired? Are you pulling an IP properly?

Pro -> Ultimate is pointless unless there's a specific feature it has that you're after. I'm just running home on my machine at home so don't have group policy but I manage it at work for our network. I'm not an expert in it by any means, but have played around with it the past few months. Why are you digging thru that anyway, if you're monkeying around with settings in there who knows what you've changed. As a general rule don't go changing settings in Windows unless you're trying to actively fix a known issue or customize something. If you're just trying things to see if they work you're going to cause yourself problems.

I'd reinstall and start fresh since it's pretty quick to do. Do all Windows updates (takes a while on 7) and try it with Chrome.

RamDealer

I tried everything you said.
I installed Ultimate got this error, installed home basic got this error, installed Ultimate got this error. I also got the error in the picture down, this is why I am diging in the policies:

Edit:
I intended to put ultimate as it works better and faster is my impression. Also ultimate will be supported for longer I think and after it is not usable, I intend to pass on Linux, because Windows 10 is junk.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 6

Darren

Staff member
Erm.

What installation media are you using? That doesn't make any sense unless your iso is corrupted in some way.

aldan

I tried everything you said.
I installed Ultimate got this error, installed home basic got this error, installed Ultimate got this error. I also got the error in the picture down, this is why I am diging in the policies:

Edit:
I intended to put ultimate as it works better and faster is my impression. Also ultimate will be supported for longer I think and after it is not usable, I intend to pass on Linux, because Windows 10 is junk.
ultimate is not faster or better in anyones estimation.you are using a cracked version of windows period.if you cant go to a legitimate version of windows then i guess linux is all you have then.good luck.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is the installation media as Darren suggested. My first guess was time and date. Please verify you have the correct year set.

RamDealer

When I installed the different versions to test them, Windows 7 ultimate was faster, not only that but is shows error messages and has functions not mentioned officially that make it better.

I guess that, the installation media can be corrupt, but I was hoping there is another reason.

EDIT:
The time and date are compared to: https://time.is/

The ISO is downloaded from the internet (not Microsoft).

Windows 10 is junk and no matter what they say (officially) it has very low performance and intentional bugs inside to make it slower and worst (example: the famous error on Windows 8/8.1 and 10 "watchdog timer violation"). This timer is designed to restart the processor in case the software of it is stuck (the most common and biggest reason for the programming of the processor to get stuck, not the OS, but the processor itself, is because microsoft put so many empty cycles inside in order to make it slower that they exceeded the miliseconds for the watchdog timer). Its worst that the same can be done with a single core processor and there is no new model in the past 30 years but that way they would not sell so much to the slaves. They make the processor wait (since Pentium and Windows 95) 95% of the time, among the other bus and RAM limitations inside. That is why the Russian dual core 500MHz processor is better than the Intel junk, which AMD strictly follows as well.

Once upon a time in Europe they tried the same approach, then they got killed an now a days its better.

Attachments

• Dell_E6320_serial_number - Copy.jpg
    Dell_E6320_serial_number - Copy.jpg
    793.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

RamDealer

When us idiots get insulted by the smart folk its the worst........ Give 2 arguments for your claim?

I can add it for 1 site, not for 10.

beers

Staff member
Sure, you're the only one having problems.

You can trust the root or intermediate chain which will accept any downstream certificates that use that chain to sign it. Clearly you don't know anything about SSL.

Darren

Staff member
When I installed the different versions to test them, Windows 7 ultimate was faster, not only that but is shows error messages and has functions not mentioned officially that make it better.

I guess that, the installation media can be corrupt, but I was hoping there is another reason.

EDIT:
The time and date are compared to: https://time.is/

The ISO is downloaded from the internet (not Microsoft).

Windows 10 is junk and no matter what they say (officially) it has very low performance and intentional bugs inside to make it slower and worst (example: the famous error on Windows 8/8.1 and 10 "watchdog timer violation"). This timer is designed to restart the processor in case the software of it is stuck (the most common and biggest reason for the programming of the processor to get stuck, not the OS, but the processor itself, is because microsoft put so many empty cycles inside in order to make it slower that they exceeded the miliseconds for the watchdog timer). Its worst that the same can be done with a single core processor and there is no new model in the past 30 years but that way they would not sell so much to the slaves. They make the processor wait (since Pentium and Windows 95) 95% of the time, among the other bus and RAM limitations inside. That is why the Russian dual core 500MHz processor is better than the Intel junk, which AMD strictly follows as well.

Once upon a time in Europe they tried the same approach, then they got killed an now a days its better.

You... what... This is all so misinformed and misguided. I won't even entertain these points as it's nonsense. A generic BSOD that happens on a variety of hardware doesn't suddenly mean that Microsoft is out to get you. It's makes no economic, design, business, or even common sense to make a newer OS slower. Just. No. If you don't like Windows 10 fine, it's got its quirks and can be troublesome for some but this just screams needless conspiracy paranoia fueled by misinformation. Besides Windows 10 is faster, and different versions of 7 will not be any different whatsoever, except maybe like Windows 7 Starter since it's pretty stripped down. But Pro -> Ultimate, speed is identical. If you think otherwise give me some benchmarks.

If you have a legit key then you can request an ISO from Microsoft pretty easily. If it's still not working then I don't know what to tell you. If you insist on using a cracked version of Ultimate or your own 3rd party installation media then you're on your own.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Darren

Staff member
Tccccccccc........ You are like blind people who prefer to stay chained in their cave then hear the truth. Whenever you hear "conspiracy theory" and oh..... that is impossible. However 1 of you tried with good, so I will tell you.

First: benchmarks only test a part of the performance factors, a good way to explain is that there are logical and functional mistakes, some of the functional mistakes can be caught by a benchmark but not all and certainly not the logical ones. Pretty much benchmarks are useless and show only a general overview with no proof of accuracy.

Second: I am the one who develops this hardware, and If I say its so, than for certain it is so!

Third: Their logic is like this, if we make it junk, it will be easy to sell them tomorrow new improvements which will be actually another shit parameter that does not help at all, but it is easy, we can always make up a new function or parameter which is worthless and have no real competition. Real competition is hard and we might loose. Also that way we get to control them. Also we make every new function paid (including the calculator which is ruined) and take away any freedom possible, if anyone wants more, he will have to pay, but the new one is junk of course and if he wants better he will have to pay more.

Example: 4 core processors, the same can be done with a single core if they remove the

Example: why did they not pass on 128 bit technology? This way they can sell you the new shit 64 bit technology, when everything is built for 32 bits, 32 bits does the same with less resources, but hey now you need 4 core processors and 8-16GB of RAM.......

Be specific on what kind of hardware you develop before I give it much credibility. You sound pretty clueless on what hardware is actually utilized for and how much more advanced modern software is compared to 10-15 years and why you need those resources to push modern applications.

You make it sound like the whole world could run on a single core but it's the big bad Microsoft making us get these "needless quad cores". I suppose all the other software and hardware manufacturers are in on this too? Microsoft doesn't run the world, there's more Android based devices by a large margin. Not to mention Apple.

I've used Windows 10 since day 1 of launch on two of my personal machines. Both upgrades were free from my previous OS (7 and 8.1). Since then I haven't paid Microsoft a single cent for anything and I have yet to find something the OS can't do that 7 could. In fact it does a whole lot more, albeit in a different way than you might be used to. I'm what you'd consider a power user more than 95 percent of typical PC users. They're doing a pretty crap job of squeezing money from me wouldn't you say, let alone most of the user base that utilizes comparatively less functionality of their OS? I don't care if you use 7, 7 was great and still functional for most everything. But it is not faster than 10.

Also I just now reread what you said about benchmarks. So, benchmarks are worthless. Got it. Would seem the rest of the tech world disagrees with you since they're an industry standard way of comparing different hardware between identical software usages. Totally irrelevant to measure, got it.

You ever try a legit ISO?

beers

Staff member
Claims to develop hardware, can't afford an inexpensive windows key.

Aaannndd we're done here

Agent Smith

Another possible issue with incorrect time and Cert crap is a bad CMOS battery. Since this is a laptop it may be a crapshoot since the CMOS battery might be soldered. So if it is the CMOS battery you'd have to go to eBay and find a genuine replacement and solder it back.Just a guess.

You might want to try running sfc /scannow in command, or do a repair install.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html?page=2

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html