661->760->2500k->1090T->2500k->1090T->2600k

Ankur

Active Member
LOL I this is going crazy but the title is thing which describes it all.

Here is the story. . . .

I was firstly considering an i5-661, then when I posted about 661 here many experts told me that 2 core CPU wont handle more than 2 years.

They recommended me i5- 760 for 4 cores, I agreed on that.

Then considering the low differences between 760 and 2500k all told me go for 2500k.

Then I myself thought of going for 1090T as its 6 core and low in cost.

Then again 2500k and then again 1090T.

Then I was sure about buying 1090T and also posted the parts in here.

Today I went to the local dealer and he told me 1090T is nothing in front I 2600k and gave me a good deal and new Mobo.

But its still between 2600k and 1090T now hehe. .
Hopefully I will go for 2600k. what do you guys think? But I got to make sure whether the mobo is the new one.
 
LOL I this is going crazy but the title is thing which describes it all.

Here is the story. . . .

I was firstly considering an i5-661, then when I posted about 661 here many experts told me that 2 core CPU wont handle more than 2 years.

They recommended me i5- 760 for 4 cores, I agreed on that.

Then considering the low differences between 760 and 2500k all told me go for 2500k.

Then I myself thought of going for 1090T as its 6 core and low in cost.

Then again 2500k and then again 1090T.

Then I was sure about buying 1090T and also posted the parts in here.

Today I went to the local dealer and he told me 1090T is nothing in front I 2600k and gave me a good deal and new Mobo.

But its still between 2600k and 1090T now hehe. .
Hopefully I will go for 2600k. what do you guys think? But I got to make sure whether the mobo is the new one.

If you want a computer that bad then the sandy bridge series would be pretty good like the 2600k

but if you can wait then I will wait for AMD and see what it has to say against the Intel's sandy bridge.The bulldozer is set to be released this year so if I were you I would wait
 
I can't find specs of bulldozer, the guys told me that sadly its not releasing in next 2 months and I can't wait for so much time.
 
If you want a computer that bad then the sandy bridge series would be pretty good like the 2600k

but if you can wait then I will wait for AMD and see what it has to say against the Intel's sandy bridge.The bulldozer is set to be released this year so if I were you I would wait

I can't find specs of bulldozer, the guys told me that sadly its not releasing in next 2 months and I can't wait for so much time.

Bulldozer will, according to AMd, begin production is Q2 and be released on the market in Q3 of this year.

If you can't wait, then go for the 2600k, or, if you can afford it (around the price of your socket 1366 when it first came out) wait for socket 2011, which is set to be the Sandy Bridge equivalent of socket 1366, so better than your 1155, but also with a larger price tag
 
Well I do realize the price tag of lga 2011 cpus, I think 2600k overclocked would be unbeaten.
BTW I will be more optimistic if I find or know specs of either bulldozer (edit: or) lga 2011
 
Last edited:
First of all dont trust any dealer in Pune or either in lamington road mumbai.

Check the net for yourself and also since the bulldozer will be releasing in Q2 as Aasti said then I would prefer waiting then compare.Because a highend pc is not something you go about buying every year so......
 
The dealer is the one who made my first ever desktop 7 years ago. He gets the parts directly from companies so I get an ultra high discount.
Will see what is to be done by checking some benchmarks.
 
The dealer is the one who made my first ever desktop 7 years ago. He gets the parts directly from companies so I get an ultra high discount.
Will see what is to be done by checking some benchmarks.

Whatever it is that doesnt make him an expert trust no one on technical knowledge in pune.
btw who is this dealer and where is his shop
 
Back
Top