6800GS or X800GTO?

X24

well, if u get the connect3d version of the GTO or the GTO2, u can unlock the pipes and oc on stock cooling up to X850XT PE levels, which are supirior to the 6800GS or even ultra i believe levels.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
super_xero said:
i would say the gs as its supose to be faster then a 6800 gt and a gt beats the 800
The GS isnt better then the GT, as Praetor discusses here. I would say go with the X800GTO, especially if its connect3d

4W4K3

VIP Member
MatrixEVO said:
So what do I have to do to unlock the pipelines in the X800GTO?

I believe it's just a BIOS flash, you can google for "GTO flash" or similiar and there should be some info. I read a bunch of people say it was successful on newegg and now have a $300 card that was less than $200, pretty crazy. As you see in my sig...that's the one I'm getting :D I doubt I will flash it, or overclock it intensely...maybe after a year of use, but not at first. I simply want a stable PC, overclocking CPU is all I will do at first just for fun.

Mr.Suave

elmarcorulz said:
The GS isnt better then the GT, as Praetor discusses here. I would say go with the X800GTO, especially if its connect3d
very true but its just as good at a lower cost, check here GT only beats GS by like 1-3fps

Geoff

VIP Member
The GS has faster speeds, but less pipelines. I'd go with the GS if i was debating between those 2.

MatrixEVO

But you can get 16 pipelines, which would amount to 4 more then the GS, and higher overclocking. Once I feel like spending my money on it I will, so that Geoff can't beat me when he decides to get a new card, CPU, ect.:p

Geoff

VIP Member
MatrixEVO said:
But you can get 16 pipelines, which would amount to 4 more then the GS, and higher overclocking. Once I feel like spending my money on it I will, so that Geoff can't beat me when he decides to get a new card, CPU, ect.:p

lol, if my fricken bank account would give me my $450 then i can get my parts:mad:

And then i get to see you fry your card when you try to flash it :p

liquidshadow

I would recommend the GTO because of price difference and performance comparisons. I've heard the GTO can easily be unlocked and overclocked. Thats getting a x850xt pe for only $186.

MatrixEVO

liquidshadow said:
I would recommend the GTO because of price difference and performance comparisons. I've heard the GTO can easily be unlocked and overclocked. Thats getting a x850xt pe for only $186.

Ya, the success rate is very good, not perfect, but still impressive for unlocking and OCing the GTO to X800XT PE level. I think I am going to get that card, the Connect3D one. The whole process seems to be simple for flashing the new bios. I can't wait to do it.

X24

remember to list step by step instructions when u do it, so that more people can know how it goes, ect. ect.

MatrixEVO

X24 said:
remember to list step by step instructions when u do it, so that more people can know how it goes, ect. ect.

I could do that, that would be very helpful to people, thanks for that idea. And for the two files needed I would provide a link to the download location.