6990 bad screen tearing on outside screens

armysgt1

I just got a 6990 and when I enable eyefinity my two outside monitors have horrible screen tearing. The outside monitors are connected to active mini-dp to dvi adapters and the middle one is connected straight to dvi. I have tried using the mini-dp to hdmi adapter with the middle screen so that all three monitors are using the mini-dp splots on the card, but when I do that there is a big black border around the middle monitor. This the reason I bought the damn card in the first place. So I wouldn't have screen tearing. My only thought would be to get a third mini-dp to dvi monitor so they are all the same but I'm afraid they are all going to have screen tearing then. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Troncoso

VIP Member
can you explain the process of installing the card to see if maybe somethign went wrong along the way?

armysgt1

Yeah I took the old card out, stuck the new one in. Then went into uninstall programs and uninstalled ccc. Then went to the amd website and downloaded and installed 11.8 drivers and the newest CAP. Sorry at work right now can't check my email too often.

linkin

VIP Member
Okay. Correct procedure:

Download new drivers
Uninstall old drivers
Shut down, Remove old card
Install new card, boot up
Install drivers, set resolution and refresh rate and other video settings.

armysgt1

Ok thank you. I will do that when I get home in about 5 hours. Uninstalling ccc, that uninstalls the drivers, correct?

claptonman

Go to start, control panel, add/remove programs. There should be a program called ATI install manager or something like that. Click uninstall and it'll guide you along the steps. It sounds like you only uninstalled the control center, not the driver.

armysgt1

Yeah I've tried all that. The problem remains. And it's not just when eyefinity is enabled. I can have all 3 monitors duplicated and the two outside monitors still have bad screen tearing.

armysgt1

Yeah I've tried all that. The problem remains. And it's not just when eyefinity is enabled. I can have all 3 monitors duplicated and the two outside monitors still have bad screen tearing.