7600gs

LSR

I was just wondering...

I bought a 7600GS to go in my system on the suggestion of some of you guys here on the forums, but I didn't really enquire as to how good it is.. The computer I'm running is:

Asus A8N-SLI SE
2.5gb generic RAM
AMD 3000+
7600GS
Seagate Barracuda 160gb 7200rpm

Is it the weakest part of my system? Or is that my processor?
On another note, would it be better to get another 7600GS and run 'em in SLI, or just get a better graphics card? Power is not an issue, I have a nice little PSU :)

Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious. Thanks :)

Arm_Pit

banned
AMD Semperon 3000+? socket 754? If so, then i would highly reccoment upgrading to a socket 949 Athlon 64, not only will you have a better CPU, but then you could just use 2GB of ram, and run it in dual chanell.

Bobo

banned
AMD Semperon 3000+? socket 754? If so, then i would highly reccoment upgrading to a socket 949 Athlon 64, not only will you have a better CPU, but then you could just use 2GB of ram, and run it in dual chanell.
Or it could be a socket 939 Athlon 64 3000....maybe because his motherboard is socket 939 ;)

For the SLI question, it depends on what better video card you are talking about. I believe that a single 7900GS will do better than 7600GSes in SLI. SLI really is not worth it in a lot of situations.

Are you doing some heavy duty gaming? If not, then I would recommend that you stick with the 7600GS for now, upgrade your processor to an X2, sell the 512MB of RAM to run it in dual core, then later upgrade to a 7900GT or something like that. Later later you could get another 7900GT for SLI if you needed it. When the prices are really cheap.

Grey410

It's fine

It should play most games at 1024x768 on medium settings. If you notice any chop turn the settings down a bit. As long as you are happy with it then thats what matters. I wouldnt run SLI or upgrade until the DX10 cards come out in Jan. (estimate). :p

m0nk3ys1ms

I play most games with mine at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 on high settings without AA, and I get no lag what so ever.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Personally I think SLI is just a big waste of money, but others would say it isn't. But it's probably not worth going SLI with 7600GS. Just use it until you can't play the games you want at the settings you want. Then get another card.