7600gt performance issues?

Phate321

i just bought a new rig which is:

amd athlon 64 x2 3800+
asus a8n sli premium
evga 7600gt co superclocked
corsair xms 512x2

now, when i play demanding games like call of duty 2 i get some little dots or squares on the screen. like if i overclocked my video card, which i havnt changed anything at all on it. is it possible that since it came overclocked from evga to begin with that it is doing it? its new and i dont think it should do this since i havnt changed anything on it.

Kuli24

I know of a friend who has a 9700 and it gets squares all over the screen. His problem was that it was dusty. He just gives it a few blows and then it works good again. Is it dusty at all?

Filip

I had this problem when I played F.E.A.R. on 4X AA, when I lowered the AA to 2X, black dots dissapeared.

DSM1999

filip-matijevic said:
I had this problem when I played F.E.A.R. on 4X AA, when I lowered the AA to 2X, black dots dissapeared.

whats that AA? antialiasing?

Last edited:

Jakesteads

i bouught one and it was messed up from the start, im returning it and getting something else, i got the EVGA one and it has "ticks" where my comp will freeze up for about 15secs at a time, i read a few other reviews where the same problem was happening.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
mrgeorgedude said:
i was about to get a 7600gt soon...should i not?

There is no reason not to do so :) Just because one person is having problems does not imply others do as well. You will do fine when you get it. It's a great "bang for the buck" card and performs surprisingly well. I am considering getting it to replace my 6600GT.

Now as to get at the problem described, I would check whether the heatsing with the fan are sitting properly on top of the GPU. If not, then it could be overheating. Try running a tool like RIVATUNER and report your temps in and out of a game. What the problem you are seeing is are artefacts.

JAN :D