775 Cpu

JLV2k5

No problem. If you are planning out building a computer soon you may want to wait a little for the newer 45nm transistor Intel CPUs that come out Jan 20th. They will be better than the current set and unlike the Core2Extreme($1000), hopefully upon release the 45nm's will be a cheaper price. Just something to consider.

AAzumak

i was planning on waiting uintill the 20th, hoping that my current cpu would cost a bit less, how much better are the 45 mn ? i thought that the cpu i was buying was a pretty nice one, how do you feel about it?

JLV2k5

I heard that the 45nm transistor CPUs run cooler, use less power, and have an increase in cache, ultimately having better performance.

I'm excited to see the specs/price on these new beasts.

AAzumak

JLV2k5

I like the RAM you have selected, I also have similar picked out for my next system. I would recommend 4gigs because it's nice to have for gaming and it isn't very expensive RAM. The $30 MIR is awesome.

I am not sure if the mobo you have selected supports PCIe 2.0 cards, I have been looking but cannot tell definitively.

I like the GPU you have as well. It has a great rating and it is a good card for the price.

The CPU is good too. I am not familiar with Bioshock so I am unaware of how intense the graphics demand its. Hope this helps.

Also, what PSU and case. I always recommend the Antec 900 case and as for PSUs i like Antec, OCZ, and PC Power and Cooling PSUs.

A good gaming mouse to consider is the Logitech G5 gaming mouse, it is wired though.

JLV2k5

A backwards compatible example is this:

A motherboard that can support Quad core processors can usually also support Dual core and Pentium chips. You go backwards with technology and yet the compatibility remains.

Apparently this applies with 2.0 and regular PCIe cards.