80 gig ipod with wiondows 98

Flying freak

Hi

I have a huge problem i have a windows 98 with ALL my music on it (its the second edition of windows 98 id that changes anything) and i just got an 80 gig ipod is there anyways to load my music onto my ipod?

i do have an xp lpatop to work with also with itunes 7.0 but i have no music on that computer so i need to do one of 2 thigns

find an application that will run on the 98 and be compatable to the ipod

find a way to transfer the info form the 98 to the xp

please do post any ideas im not very good with computers. Would there be a way to make the 98 recognize the ipod as a flash drive??

Steven

Flying freak

Hi, is there anyway to make the 98 recognize the ipod as a flkash drive and sue that to tranfer the songs over to the xp then back to the ipod to be used..

Flying freak

ms-das

If you can network your Win XP system with your Win 98 system, then you can transfer the music files over the network.

Flying freak

If you can network your Win XP system with your Win 98 system, then you can transfer the music files over the network.

Umm your going to ahve to explane howto do this to me as i am a computer noob we do ahve a netgear wireless router that supplys the 98 with the net and the xp laptop connects to it...

ms-das

Ok, I have only tried this with XP Professional, but I think that XP Home will also work. First on the XP laptop, go to My Computer and right click on the harddrive that you want to copy the files to. Then, go to the sharing tab, look where it says network sharing and security, and click share this folder on the network, and allow network users to change my files. Then, (this is the part that might not work since the other computer has Win. 98, but you can still try) on the 98 computer, go to my computer. THen do tools>Map network drive, or anything similar to that. Go to the name of your network, and look untill you see the name of your harddrive in the list of avalible network drives. Then, click OK, and the drive should appear in your my computer window as a network drive. Then, you can copy the files to it. The copying might take a while, since teh network is wireless. Hope that helps

Flying freak

Ok, I have only tried this with XP Professional, but I think that XP Home will also work. First on the XP laptop, go to My Computer and right click on the harddrive that you want to copy the files to. Then, go to the sharing tab, look where it says network sharing and security, and click share this folder on the network, and allow network users to change my files. Then, (this is the part that might not work since the other computer has Win. 98, but you can still try) on the 98 computer, go to my computer. THen do tools>Map network drive, or anything similar to that. Go to the name of your network, and look untill you see the name of your harddrive in the list of avalible network drives. Then, click OK, and the drive should appear in your my computer window as a network drive. Then, you can copy the files to it. The copying might take a while, since teh network is wireless. Hope that helps

Ok i will try this next time i get the optunity, also to answere a question that someone asked me it is an mp3 format

Steven

thanks for all the tips if you have anymore please post them

thank you