8000 Duplicate emails coming into Outlook 2013 every few hours. Please help.

fmonte

All of a sudden 4 days ago this problem started. I don't know what causes this to happen but I have my Outlook open all day long on my desktop. I look down once in a while and I will see: upload_2018-2-27_11-10-59.png. In other words, when I open up the inbox, I just received another duplicate of all of the messages in my inbox. It is a pop account from AOL. Please help.

fmonte

On a separate note, I would like to add: I do want to keep all of my messages on the AOL server just in case I need one in the future. In other words when I clean up my Outlook inbox I still want there to be a copy of the deletions on the AOL server.

serve2000

This sounds like you may have an inbox rule set up on the server that is going haywire. Or, it's possible you have an inbox rule set up on the server and the server itself is going haywire. Those are the first two things I'd look at. I'm guessing by your post count that you understand the nuanced difference between an inbox rule on the server vs an inbox rule in your desktop mail client - that said, it's something easy to overlook as well.

I recently had an issue once where I set up an inbox rule on the server to text me (forward to my phone number @ texting email address) whenever a keyword went to my email. The server had an issue where it would reboot overnight, resending all my texts. It sounds super similar to what you're describing and is something easily overlooked.

Are you able to confirm anything about inbox rules and/or if you have ninja-setup rules on the server by accident?