??????

dc157_1

Ok a couple of days ago out of no where my computer became crippled. I am unable to run ANY programs but (Internet Explorer, Firefox) anything else I cant get to open. Not even through my program files or the task bar. All of my programs and folders on my screen, talk bar and folders are blank, the pictures for the symbols are gone and being replaced by a blank white page w/a fold on the right top corner and what looks like a small screen in the middle of the white page (sorry thats the best I can describe). Also instead of saying Windows Media player it says mediaplayer.exe or bittorrent.lnk. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I can't get into any of my folders or links on my screen. When I click on them a box comes up saying (Windows cannot open this file, what do you want to do?) And then I have a option to either "Use the web service to find the appropriate program or select a program through a list". So whats going on?

TrojanFrost

Yeah a very strange thing that could happen, but don't get so surprised if your antivirus detected something like (windows.agent.trojan__ or any other viruses):( during scanning on safe mode. Good Luck !!:)

If it does detected something try reading other post about removal of these pests.