860 EVO 1TB Boot time seems slow (Help)

Hey guys I need help. I cross posted this on a different forum but appreciate any help I can get.

So I bought this 1TB 860 EVO new last year from BestBuy. I don't have much knowledge but doesn't the boot time (video clip) seem a bit slow? Also these are the only programs I have for Startup with Windows (2 Thumbnail below)
Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 18.37.54.01.png
Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 18.37.51.50.png

Intel_man

VIP Member
Seems about right. Seems like most of the time is spent on the motherboard loading/checking everything. See if there's any "fast boot" options in your bios. It might cut some corners on some of the checks and get you to the Windows part of the loading quicker.

Seems about right. Seems like most of the time is spent on the motherboard loading/checking everything. See if there's any "fast boot" options in your bios. It might cut some corners on some of the checks and get you to the Windows part of the loading quicker.
Okay thank you for the help. I don't have much knowledge since I just got my first SSD a year ago, never really paid it much attention to this before. I was reading online and a lot of people don't recommend fast boot and mention possibility of BSOD. Do you know of any issues when enabling "Fast boot"? I am going to read more into it, appreciate the suggestion.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I want to clarify, I'm referring to the Fast Boot option in the UEFI BIOS (if any, since this depends on the motherboard), not the 'Fast Startup' option within Windows. Definitely browse through your BIOS to see if that's a feature.

Fast Boot option in the BIOS should not cause any BSOD because it doesn't alter settings, but rather skips certain startup checks. If you do have hardware failure, the skipped checks may allow the system to push into Windows, which may cause instability after and lead to BSODs. So you either get a warning message at the startup telling you there is a possible hardware failure, or you can end up getting a BSOD in Windows later if severe enough. Either way, you're going to crash and would have to investigate further.

I want to clarify, I'm referring to the Fast Boot option in the UEFI BIOS (if any, since this depends on the motherboard), not the 'Fast Startup' option within Windows. Definitely browse through your BIOS to see if that's a feature.

Fast Boot option in the BIOS should not cause any BSOD because it doesn't alter settings, but rather skips certain startup checks. If you do have hardware failure, the skipped checks may allow the system to push into Windows, which may cause instability after and lead to BSODs. So you either get a warning message at the startup telling you there is a possible hardware failure, or you can end up getting a BSOD in Windows later if severe enough. Either way, you're going to crash and would have to investigate further.
Ahh I see the difference now thank you for the suggestion going to try it tomorrow will comment on the results.

Turn the high impact start up programs off they are not needed, you can turn them all off at start up if you want.
Try it and reboot see if its faster, if not turn some windows services off e.g xbox and printer services if you dont use a printer

Turn the high impact start up programs off they are not needed, you can turn them all off at start up if you want.
Try it and reboot see if its faster, if not turn some windows services off e.g xbox and printer services if you dont use a printer
Ok thank you.