8800 gts superclocked poor performance

chromegunner

Hey guys , im very disapointed and dont know what to do anymore tried everything, first when i installed Windows xp i ran 3dmark06 and did 8538, i did not think this was good enough so i downloaded rivatuner and tried to play around with the settings and run ntune to overclock, then i tried ATI tools and played around with it, so after i run 3dmark06 again and my 3dmark is now 4035 , so i uninstalled everything that i had installed like rivatuner and ati tools, uninstall the drivers and everything to try to fix this and go back to my original settings, nothing worked so i tried reseting my bios with no luck, before i could play Lost planet extreme condition at full graphics with no problem but now i cant even play it, anyway i could set everything to default again caus im out of idea

here is my system:

Asus m2n SLI Delux mobo
Silverstone element 500w PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
8800 gts 640mb Superclocked
2 gig ocz ddr2 ram
AMD 4800+ CPU
Windows XP proffesional

paratwa

You used ATI tools on an nvida card? Umm.. I'm not sure, but I don't think you should have done that. I could be wrong though, just never heard of anyone doing that.

EDIT; Hmm, guess it does work with it, learn something new every day. I did a quick search on it, good for checking for artifacts.

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
He could've underclocked his card on accident. I'm not %100 sure the clocks would stick though, they never do with me.

Why don't you reinstall ntune and check your core and memory clocks to see that they are stock

spanky

You used ATI tools on an nvida card? Umm.. I'm not sure, but I don't think you should have done that. I could be wrong though, just never heard of anyone doing that.

EDIT; Hmm, guess it does work with it, learn something new every day. I did a quick search on it, good for checking for artifacts.

It is perfectly fine to use ATI Tools on nvidia cards. I actually use it to OC my 7950 GX2.

Yeah, as every else has stated, just check your spec's, your Core clock and Mem Bandwith.

PCWizard 2007 can check your clocks, yes, I know my current vid card sucks, lol.

hpi

banned
Ah the x1300 isn't a terrible card, I used to run cs:s on max and looked nice to and all.

But the card I have now runs ropes around it :D