*8800gt* Now On Newegg!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
this card isnt better than the ultra though is it?

i havnt looked at clock speeds of them and compared :)

taylormsj

I only scim read it, but it performs better than the 8800 gts in dx 9 and 10? it was bad in world in conflict due to cpu

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, Apparently, rendering all the smoke and the clouds, I think (hope) that DX10 will become better, it's suposed to be more efficient, you know! :p Thanks for the link Taylor!

Why is this nipping at the GTX's heels, when the GTX takes up 2 PCI slots, is long enough to make a guy remove his upper HDD cage, and have a giant heatsink?

There were no new chemical elements introduced, where there? No large scientific breakthroughs, if you ask me, the early 8800's are a bit 'slapped-together'. And my obnoxious and over-eager self landed one for twice the price of the 8800GT.

I like EVGA's best... Who wants my GTX now? This is such a 'low-blow'.. Now ppl will say "Oh, why get a GTX when you can get performance right below it with the $269 8800GT." The price will drop after a couple weeks, just watch and see... Or, that quoted $200-250 price range is per like so many units...

How much :p

You think the price of the 8800GT will drop, or the GTX?

Both, eventually...:p Now enough of me being a smart-arse... The 8800GT will probably drop after the market is aware of its presence. The GTX will drop right after Christmas I bet, DX10 cards + DX10 games that are sold around Christmas will increase demand since the games actually utilize it now... Then after Christmas the demand will be lower and Voila! theres you price drop...

<I am forcing myself to believe this theory>