8800Gtx VS 2x7950GT Sli

jimmyjames

Just wondering would 2x7950 Gt 512mb sli enabled cards run better / same / worse than a single 8800Gtx card for playing games.

Are there many games that will utilise the sli enabled graphics of 2 cards or does it work as if you just have one card in.

Obviously from the upgrade purposes it leaves room for another card when it drops in price. But at the moment the 2 7950 cards work out about the same as the 8800gtx by itself.

Thanks in advance.

Archangel

VIP Member
in game performance wise.. i think they would be about the same.. but, the 7950's are DX9 cards, the 8800GTX is a DX10 card,.. So i think it would last you longer. I'd go for he 8800 if it was my decission :)

ETSA

I believe the newest card is your best bet. The 7950's would probably yield better results initially as far has processing power and memory but the 8800 is the next gen card and you can always buy 2 of those later on. The 8800 is probably cheaper too. Not so sure about that though.

Geoff

VIP Member
Performance wise the 8800GTX would be better, not to mention it's DX10 compatible and has more video RAM.

Thermaltaken

Ive tested a few that i have (7950 GS & GTX, 8800GS & GTX) and the 8800GTX can take anything you throw at it. I was gonna go with dual 7950's but i decided on the 8800.

jimmyjames

Ok cool thanks for the help will change my set up and go for the single 8800GTX then it looks like the better bet going forward.