9 Series Dissapointment

Is nVidia's 9 Series a dissopointment...

• Yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Timo

Well, over here the 9800GTX was priced the same as the 8800GTS for a while. But then all of the sudden the 8800GTS dropped in price. So I changed my order (just in time).

They're the same cards, it's exactly the same as with the 8800GTX and the 8800 Ultra. The exact same card, only then the Ultra is OC'd. And that it's supposedly a new serie; who cares. They should've started a new serie with the start of the G92.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
That'll be a relief. ATi is underestimated. They're absolutely wonderful cards. They do drop in price very fast though...

lovely?

No, 9600GT is based on G94 core, and is by far much faster than 8600GT. Actually it perform on par with HD3870

but at the same time its core should not be considered very good at all, it is the exact same thing as the G92 core, just stripped down.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
but at the same time its core should not be considered very good at all, it is the exact same thing as the G92 core, just stripped down.

Wouldn't this be considered a good thing though, considering? I don't know the extensity of the strip, but it can't be all that bad, being just slightly behind the 8800gt.

Timo

Not slightly, quite a bit if you ask me. But a 9600GT would be a card I'd recommend friends of mine if they want to game a bit more extensive (seeing most of my friends don't know all that much about computers), it gets good framerates at basically everything as long as you don't crank it up to insane resolutions and you can get it for somewhere under a hundred euros 2nd hand.