9400GT 1GB RAM (not working properlY) Help please

qizmo

Hello im new here , this is my first topic

well i got a 9400GT 1GB RAM Graphic card for like a year agow , and
it worked perfecly fine , i bout the graphic card cause it has a HDMI input so im
using my Tv screen as a computer screen , "DVI TO HDMI "
since i got the graphic card... but a few weaks agow when i turned on my computer
my screen said "NO SIGNAL" , so i thought my grafic card burned out
so i put on a VGA Stick into my tv screen and it worked , but
the games lag like hell when i play them ,

so then i thought my graphic card got burned but not fully cause it still works a bit but not for gaming

but then i reinstalled my graphic card driver and it still didnt work ,
then one day i turned on my computer And my HDMI channal worked perfect
and the games went really Smooth , and everything was back to normal , but that only lasted for 2 days

and now im trying to fix it again , and im so lost ,
i think its something with my driver it doesnt want to reconise it properly

i tryed installing new Directx and newest driver from nvidias homepage , but nothing seems too work

id be really happy if someone had the magic answer XD , thank you

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Just to get things straight cause your post is a little confusing.

1) You first had the card hooked up through HDMI to your TV and it worked fine
2) One day you got a no signal and switched to VGA, it worked but it lagged during gaming
3) You went back to HDMI and it worked fine for a few days
4) Now it's lagging on VGA again?

Are you sure your HDMI cable or properly plugged in on both sides?

qizmo

Just to get things straight cause your post is a little confusing.

1) You first had the card hooked up through HDMI to your TV and it worked fine
2) One day you got a no signal and switched to VGA, it worked but it lagged during gaming
3) You went back to HDMI and it worked fine for a few days
4) Now it's lagging on VGA again?

Are you sure your HDMI cable or properly plugged in on both sides?

yeah sorry for my english

ehm well yeah i mean when the driver works properly then my game runs smooth and my hdmi port works , its because i need to have the driver before having hdmi and games to work better ,and sometimes my driver wont work properly , its like my computer doesnt reconise my driver only few times

Aastii

VIP Member
What games are you trying to play? It isn't surprising games are lagging if you are trying to play even a moderately intensive game, because a 9400gt isn't a gaming card, it was never designed to be and never will be.

It says "no signal" when you use the HDMI port?

If so, have you tried using another screen and see if it does the same there?
Have you tried dropping the resolution, it may be that for some reason it set the resolution outside the range of your TV

qizmo

What games are you trying to play? It isn't surprising games are lagging if you are trying to play even a moderately intensive game, because a 9400gt isn't a gaming card, it was never designed to be and never will be.

It says "no signal" when you use the HDMI port?

If so, have you tried using another screen and see if it does the same there?
Have you tried dropping the resolution, it may be that for some reason it set the resolution outside the range of your TV

its nothing with the TV , its the computer that cant reconise the driver sometimes and sometimes it works the next time i turn on my computer ,

Aastii

VIP Member
its nothing with the TV , its the computer that cant reconise the driver sometimes and sometimes it works the next time i turn on my computer ,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Go there and download your drivers. DON'T install them yet.

Go to control panel>device manager (if you are on XP it is control panel>system>hard ware tab>device manager), under display adapters your video card will be there, right click it and click uninstall.

Install the new drivers you just downloaded, restart your computer and see what happens.

If it is saying there is somthing wrong with the drivers, it will be a software issue most probably, rather than hardware.

qizmo

Go to control panel>device manager (if you are on XP it is control panel>system>hard ware tab>device manager), under display adapters your video card will be there, right click it and click uninstall.

Install the new drivers you just downloaded, restart your computer and see what happens.

If it is saying there is somthing wrong with the drivers, it will be a software issue most probably, rather than hardware.
ok cool thanks ill try that right now and write u after when its done

qizmo

is still same :( any other solution ?

Aastii

VIP Member
is still same :( any other solution ?

have you tried another cable and screen? You say it is the drivers, but with the latest drivers it is doing the same so it is either a software conflict or hardware problem

Rocko

What you can do is try disabling your onboard integrated graphics.

You do that in the BIOS. Make sure that you have downloaded the correct drivers for the card first however.

qizmo

have you tried another cable and screen? You say it is the drivers, but with the latest drivers it is doing the same so it is either a software conflict or hardware problem

its not the cable i have tryed
its the driver cause the games run smooth when it works properly

Aastii

VIP Member
its not the cable i have tryed
its the driver cause the games run smooth when it works properly

there are thousands of people out there that also use a 9400gt, and hundreds, if not thousands of those will have the exact same one as you. They will be using the same drivers that you just tried, and we aren't seeing a mass outcry of "why don't the drivers work" because for the vast majority of those people, with the exact drivers you tried, worked flawlessly.

Because of that, it is either your video card itself causeing a problem, or it will be another piece of software, be it the game you try to play, windows, or another piece of software causeing a conflict.

You tried the ccable, and that is fine, so did you try another screen?

@bigfella, I doubt it is the PSU causeing the problem because the system has been fine for the last year. Sure the unit will have degraded a little, but driver issues wouldn't be a symptom of problem arising from a dud PSU, it is extremely improbable that the issue is with the power supply.

I agree though that full system specs should be given if OP can provide them