9600 GSO shows 0 degrees C

rocko2006

As this is my first build, I'm not sure I have hooked it up correctly. Anyway, speedfan is showing 0 deg C for my GPU. Any ideas?

linkin

VIP Member
have you tried using rivatuner, EVGA precision, GPU-Z or any other program? speedfan can be unreliable.

rocko2006

So far, the only program which gave me a temp reading was RivaTuner. Idle, its 53-54C. I'm assuming this seems right. I looked but cannot seem to find the max safe temp for this card as I'm looking to overclock it a bit. Any pointers as to where I can look? Thanks for the help.

schw32m

So far, the only program which gave me a temp reading was RivaTuner. Idle, its 53-54C. I'm assuming this seems right. I looked but cannot seem to find the max safe temp for this card as I'm looking to overclock it a bit. Any pointers as to where I can look? Thanks for the help.

What kind of card is it? Manufacturer & model number? Even the chip series will help since you can probably look and see what the operating parameters for that GPU are.

rocko2006

ASUS EN9600GSO/DI/512MD3/V2 GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

schw32m

ASUS EN9600GSO/DI/512MD3/V2 GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Max GPU temp 105C according to NVidia on the 9600 GSO. The Asus card is a slightly toned down version using the same chip. In my experience the Nvidia/Asus cards seem to run a bit on the warm side. Idle in the low 50s or so depending on the fan/heat sink combination.

YMMV of course depending on how hard you run it.