9800 GTX SLi or GTX 280 FTW?

just a noob

go for a vanilla card, those ftw edition cards are really pointless, you can just download evga precison tuner or something along those lines, and overclock that to the clocks on the "ftw" edition card, for free, and the reason why i say the gtx 280 is, because not all games support sli, and also, you can always get another gtx 280, if you find the need

Vitek

go for a vanilla card, those ftw edition cards are really pointless, you can just download evga precison tuner or something along those lines, and overclock that to the clocks on the "ftw" edition card, for free, and the reason why i say the gtx 280 is, because not all games support sli, and also, you can always get another gtx 280, if you find the need

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I do have a quick question. By purchasing basic/standard GTX 280 and then overclocking it, will that be flashed into the GTX 280 firmware or it's a software type that will overclock the card once application starts?

Thank you.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I do have a quick question. By purchasing basic/standard GTX 280 and then overclocking it, will that be flashed into the GTX 280 firmware or it's a software type that will overclock the card once application starts?

Thank you.

eVGA Precision software allows you to *apply at windows startup*. So yes it's possible.

Bartmasta

banned
Well the MSI card has good reviews. Read thread through all of them to see if it has any problems.

The 280 is expensive, 100 dollaz more.

I'd get what ever is better bang for the buck.