9800 pro curse

Emptyevergreen

i got a brand new ati 9800 pro 256 for my computer and i periodicaly get games that return to the desktop after loading the level and quit mid game, i reformatted my hd and reinstalled windows and still the problem persists, i am out of ideas. is ati that incompatible with the current games that are nvidia based that it will them play that poorly ior is there something i am overlooking. i have the latest drivers and i dont know what the problem is, and for my monitors sake could someone please help me because i want to put my fist through that thing. i am completey out of ideas

Emptyevergreen

9800 pro 256 curse

i need some help with an issue i have been having with my 9800 pro. With games like Far Cry and Doom 3, sometimes as it completes loading alevel it will just return to the windows desktop. i have the latest drivers and i just reinstalled windows to try and fix this and it didnt help at all, is it the video card the games the drivers my computer?? im preparing to go nvidia becaseu i dont want to deal with this mismatched ati crap

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i need some help with an issue I have been having with my 9800 pro. With games like Far Cry and Doom 3, sometimes as it completes loading alevel it will just return to the windows desktop.
Thats not the first time ive heard of that specific card disintigrating back to the desktop. (does it have a whitescreen before it dies)

is it the video card the games the drivers my computer?? im preparing to go nvidia becaseu I dont want to deal with this mismatched ati crap
Isnt it ironic that with the ealier released of Doom3, it was nVidia that had problems? :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL that used to be an nVidia problem heehee, try a different driver revision. :) One of my buddies who had that problem fixed it by going from 4.2 to 4.6 ... maybe that works for you maybe not.

Emptyevergreen

i did some bios updates and some much needed chipset updates and that seemed to do the trick...for now that 6800 gt is looking mighty fine right about now...hmmmm