A basic "office" set-up

nathan32111

Hey guys,
I really want to get into building a computer, it looks easy enough and i know some basics.
So i was wondering if someone could give me a list [some links] of each part i should get [excluding monitor mouse and keyboard]

I wont be doing any gaming or anything so all i need is the cheap basic bits.
but the main thing is that the parts are reliable and wont crap out on me.

cheers :good:

Benny Boy

Basic AMD office setup example

I don't know the prices of where you'll shop, so I'll just post some components that would make a good office pc.
Depending on the use you may do well with a dual core, but this 3 core is a great mulitasker.
The motherboards built-in HD 4250 graphics works very well for basic office.
The F4 hard drive is a fast one. If more space is needed, take a look at Samsung F3 that comes in 500gb and bigger.

ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX450WFGMBOX

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power ...

G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

daisymtc

For a basic office set up, it will be cheaper to just buy one off shelf.

What is your budget (excluding OS)?

nathan32111

@wolfeking
intel or AMD? = doesn't make a difference to me :p
I would just watch the odd Dvd, web surf and do school work.
Preferably Windows

@Benny Boy
That looks good but im starting from scratch so is that all i need? what about a cheap case? thank you

@daisy mtc
i dont have a budget but it only needs to be cheap for what ill use it for.

Thank you everyone

wolfeking

banned
Setup 1. Intel/Integrated
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.579813 Cobo kit with a celeron Dual core, pretty much everything you need besides PSU. Someone else can step up with that, as I know very little about PSUs.

Setup 2: AMD/ATI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.634227
This combo may offer a little more power, but it still needs case, PSU, and DVD drive. Case and DVD drive are personal opinion. PSU, yet again, is better left to someone that knows more about them.

nathan32111

Thanks wolfeking, the first one is what im looking for.
Im pretty sure that comes with the PSU?

Last edited:

nathan32111

so besides a wireless adapter and dvd drive, setup one is good to go?
do i need a graphics card?

Last edited:

mx344

-Nope, you don't need a video card, it has one built in.
-Don't forget the hard drive! ;)
-Other than that your good bro.

FXB

You might also want to look into how much room you have for the tower somes cases are bigger then others and you might have limited access.

Also cable management might be a concern of yours.

nathan32111

OK Thank you so much everyone!
I live in New Zealand so it would be cheaper for me to buy the parts from Setup 1 individually.
When ive got the money ill be sure to get started on my first build :O :)

And for me there is nothing worse than having messy tangled cables but im sure i could sort something out. Again, THANK YOU!!!