a bit of help on upgrade

pharoah2014

hey new guy here

i have a dell optiplex 745 and was wondering can i upgrade it so it can have a hdmi port as i mainly use it for watching films on

it has:
processor genuine intel(R) CPU [email protected] 1.79GHz
2gb RAM

if yous require any more information to help me then tell me where i can find it

thanks jamie

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The only way to get an hdmi port would either to buy a video card with an hdmi port or possibly an addon card with an hdmi port if they even make that type of card. They do make video cards with hdmi though.

bengal85

Get a video card. Probably second hand. This low end machine not worth getting brand new card

Just know when looking for a video card. This is a low profile form factor case so you need to be sure that you get a low profile graphics card. It would also be nice if we knew what type of expansion ports you have available on the motherboard.

pharoah2014

Just know when looking for a video card. This is a low profile form factor case so you need to be sure that you get a low profile graphics card. It would also be nice if we knew what type of expansion ports you have available on the motherboard.

how would i find that out

Cisco001

You have PCI-E x 16 unless you have ultra form from factor (far right of the dell link above)

Since you are in england, look at classified post at avforum, gumtree, ebay.

I bought an used HDD from a guy at avforum. He is selling GT430 for £10 + £0.90 delivery. But you need to check if he has low-profile bracket.

If you look for something else, probably AMD 6450/ r3 250.

Last edited:

Okedokey

hey new guy here

i have a dell optiplex 745 and was wondering can i upgrade it so it can have a hdmi port as i mainly use it for watching films on

it has:
processor genuine intel(R) CPU [email protected] 1.79GHz
2gb RAM

if yous require any more information to help me then tell me where i can find it

thanks jamie

You have a DVI out on that machine, why would you want HDMI? There is no increase in quality. IF your TV only accepts HDMI, then simply use this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/6ft-startech-hdmidvimm6-hdmi-to-dvi-multimedia-cable