A Bunch of General Questions

Aianiel

Hey Everyone,
I'm saving up to build my first computer soon, and have been researching building systems through the internet for a year or so now, and I feel like I have learned enough to start purchasing parts for an middle of the road gaming computer. However, I do have a few general questions.

-What's the difference between a 32-bit vista and 64-bit vista (i'm guessing one is faster than the other), and is it worth it to get the 64-bit version for playing games such as WoW, BF2, and Call of Duty 4.
-I have picked out a processor, and its an LGA 775 type. Is there a certain type of cpu cooler I have to buy, and could anyone possibly recommend a cooler for me. (heres the cpu link, (LINK)

Thanks!

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
The difference between 32-bit and 64-bit is negligible in the grand scheme of things at the moment. The best benefit is the ability to hold more than 4 Gig total RAM. If you really have no pressing need, stick with 32-bit. 64-bit is the future, but it's still a long way from being mainstream.

That's a very popular CPU - I think you'll like it. It comes with a HSF, but lots of people choose to purchase an after-market cooler and Arctic Silver 5 anyway to keep it a bit cooler.

Aianiel

Alright, thanks guys, I think i'll just stick with the HSF it comes with, unless I notice it is running a little hot.

hpi

banned
Alright, thanks guys, I think i'll just stick with the HSF it comes with, unless I notice it is running a little hot.

Ya it should be perfectly fine as long as you don't start ocing it then it should stay in a safe temp range.