A case of cracking, expert advise required

acactusheart

This is a bit of an unusual post but anyway... Some time ago a guy I distantly knew decided to have a little fun of his own with me and broke into my computer. Spyed on my Internet use, read some forum posts, read my diary... The list is oblong. I used to own a pair of headsets and he even fooled around by talking to mine a couple of times whilst I was using them. I don't exactly know how but obviously it was indeed possible. I can't sue him for reasons too long to explain but I'd really like to know what happened one day.

When this happened I was rather drunken, I could have easily made it up in that state and that's the problem. Anyway, during the phase when he was breaking into my system the *computer tower* spoke with his voice. Not the headsets nor the speakers but the actual computer tower. It was not a laptop.

My question is, how on earth did he do it?! Is it even possible what happened? I read once that if the computer has some kind of fit sound card then sound can be transformed from the computer tower as well but I have never in my life been able to do so even though I've owned several computers. Only with my laptop I've been able to listen to music via the computer, not the speakers nor headsets but it was a laptop so that one I can actually understand. As I said, I could have easily made it up as well, but due to several reasons thus some eerie feelings I'm pretty sure that I did not.

If some computer expert could offer me some knowledge about this subject, I'd appreciate it to no end.

I'm not a troll, just an unfortunate victim of one psycho. Who would never ever tell me himself. And if one wonders why would someone do something like that, well, I don't have the answers.

edit:
hpi: thanks for the tip. ;)

Last edited:

hpi

banned
I won't answer, I'll just give ya a quick tip, don't mention being high or anything like that on here. Last time I went all pro-drug on here I was banned for a LONG time.

Just some advice for a newbie on here :)

oscaryu1

VIP Member
On older models of computers there was such a thing as CMOS/BIOS speakers. In computer? Sounds impossible. Open 'er up.

acactusheart

Sounds like you were just a LITTLE too drunk to me.

After hearing a guy I went to kindergarten with calling me who-knows what while I was completely peacufully listening to music via my headsets at HOME, I don't think nothing would surpise me. And I know that one happened 'cause it was later on confirmed.

Last edited: