A computer at my college is not legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo-Yo

Thought this would be worth sharing. Turned on the computer in my math class. This came up:

2rppvs9.jpg

Any idea what is going on here? Did the windows activation just break somehow, or is my college trying to get away with the windows trial version deep freeze hack? XD

spirit

Staff member
We get this every now and then but with Office. It happens. as Travis said, might just be an issue with the licensing or WGA servers could temporarily be down.

DaveSi677

just an issue with the licensing server... highly doubt a College would want to be using counterfeit licenses lol

Calin

A W7 PC with pentium 4 in my school had the same error 1 year ago, DK what happened to it.

FuryRosewood

Have that issue at work because MS decided to stop giving out volume licenses for win 7 enterprise. thats probably what is going on.

spirit

Staff member
I actually saw one of our computers at school today (Windows 7 Enterprise) had been flagged as being counterfeit. These things just happen I guess. Didn't bother the IT technician who was working on the computer at the time at all! ;)

linkin

VIP Member
Happens all the time. Normally means someone has reinstalled windows and has forgotten to activate. It's not that it isn't genuine, but the grace period for activation has expired.

FuryRosewood

Happens all the time. Normally means someone has reinstalled windows and has forgotten to activate. It's not that it isn't genuine, but the grace period for activation has expired.

If its enterprise on a campus, it has a volume license, if it cannot activate with the key, its likely out of activations for that key, and knowing what M$ did to us, they are SOL, however the bugger will continue to function, just will pop that up every boot.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
ROFL what an irony...
I say that because schools in HERE are still using Windows 98 and ME mostly lmao!!!
God knows when we will migrate to XP which exists since 2001. xD
I will probably be dead by the time we move to Windows 7 in our schools xD!!!

Geoff

VIP Member
ROFL what an irony...
I say that because schools in HERE are still using Windows 98 and ME mostly lmao!!!
God knows when we will migrate to XP which exists since 2001. xD
I will probably be dead by the time we move to Windows 7 in our schools xD!!!
I think you're exaggerating just a bit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.