A couple of weird problems...

Morox

First of all, my internet in my computer upstairs is not working (hence why I am downstairs on THIS computer). Anyways, I received a virus or two in the past few days and now my internet doesn't work. I got a few pop-ups through Internet Explorer (I use Firefox) and now neither browser works. The pop-ups are reocurring and I don't know how to get everything in working order again. I tried using AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot. While all three programs found and deleted a few threats, it still didn't fix my internet. I tried doing a System Restore, it wouldn't "restore" itself (I don't know why). I also had a program that showed my registry files and ones that possibly had been changed. I deleted a few and it's possible that I got rid of something that I wasn't supposed to.

Now, here is something really weird. My internet connection will "send" packets, but will not "receive" them. If I open a program like X-Fire (a program to talk to fellow pc gamers), it will start to "receive" packets and I can play my games over the internet, but I still can not use any internet browser or MSN.

I am clueless as what to do. Any ideas?