A disk read error occurred...

Deadpool

Was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing?

Kidding. You had to be there. So is my drive dead or what? The last thing I did was moving my paging file location to the HDD. Was in my SSD.

Would it work if I install Windows on the HDD, copy all my documents and just reinstall Windows on the SSD? I don´t feel like troubleshooting. Thanks for the help!

JaredDM

A disk read error could be just a fluke, or it could be a failing drive. I'd start by checking the S.M.A.R.T. of the disk using CrystalDisk Info or another program. If you've got pending/re-allocated sectors developing, then it's time to toss and replace the HDD.

Deadpool

A disk read error could be just a fluke, or it could be a failing drive. I'd start by checking the S.M.A.R.T. of the disk using CrystalDisk Info or another program. If you've got pending/re-allocated sectors developing, then it's time to toss and replace the HDD.

I think the problem was the paging file. I moved it from the SSD to the HDD. Every boot it warned me there was a problem with it, I didn´t listen. All I lost was a Fallout 4 survival save. 6 hours cooking and drinking irradiated water wasted. Damn.

JaredDM

Could be, or it could be that it found a patch of bad sectors that had previously never been noticed by they system. Bad sectors can sit latent for years with no ill effects until the computer actually tries to use that space one day. I'd still check the SMART.

Deadpool

Could be, or it could be that it found a patch of bad sectors that had previously never been noticed by they system. Bad sectors can sit latent for years with no ill effects until the computer actually tries to use that space one day. I'd still check the SMART.

It's a two week old SSD. Will check when I get home but it's working fine after the format. Thanks for the help.