A download error?!

Killer

Hello, i was just trying to download something, f.lux to be specific. but whenever i try to download it, it just says "Illegal file name. Please modify it" How to fix this? i tried naming it some random names, but it still doesn't work, here's the link for f.lux
https://justgetflux.com/

Killer

I tried using Firefox, when i try to download it, it just says that it failed. May i know what's wrong? What is the "Illegal file name. Please modify it" thing? i have just joined this forum to get this an answer for this error. I will be thankful if you gave me a solution.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Probably something up with your system then. Have you done any general cleanup on it? Scanned for malware? So you have only used Firefox to try downloading it? What about Internet Explorer or chrome? Can you download anything else?

Killer

Thanks very much! i have just cleaned junk files and then magically i was able to download it without any problems, you're a life saver :). Oh one more thing, how about you try that program? it's pretty cool, it will reduce a large amount of blue light in night, blue light might cause some problems like insomnia, so just in case use it

Killer

Hello there, somehow the error came again. I have tried cleaning junk files, but nothing works. I don't know what to do. Have you ever witnessed this error? "Illegal file name. Please modify it."

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It's your browser, something is up with it. Try using a different browser and it should work fine. You most likely have some malware on your system. Run Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes.