A few very basic fan/case questions

motorboatink1ng

I'm building my first computer and everything will be here in a few days. This is what I'm building:

i5-4570s
radeon HD 7850 2gb
MSI Z87-G45
Corsair TX650w
Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3
WD 1tb 7200 rpm (I forget exact model number)
lite-on ihas 124b

the case is Corsair 300R, and where my question is.... The case has a 140mm intake fan on the front, and a 120mm exhaust fan on the back. It has two mounts on the front, side and top for 120/140 mm fans. I have two 120mm fans laying around and was planning on installing them, and I'm not even sure if I need to, but I was wondering where they should go. top, side, front....combination? Also, an even dumber question that you will probably laugh at, but do the fans blow in or out? Yea I'm a noob!

Thanks for the time.

salvage-this

You can set the fans to go in either direction but I would recommend having a front to back airflow. So intake in the front and exhaust on the back. If you want to add another 120mm on the top as an exhaust that is fine. Just Don't overload the system with fans just because you have them. It will add more noise without adding much in terms of cooling. :D

salvage-this

If you are not using the a CPU made for OCing, I kinda doubt that you will see a huge benefit from loading the case with fans. One intake fan and two exhaust (in back) will be the best compromise in noise vs cooling. Just make sure that the fans are plugged into the 3 pin header on the motherboard so the speed is controlled by the motherboard.