A huge problem

K-Mart

Hi everyone!

I am new here and this forum was highly recommended to me by one of my friends so I hope you can help me solve my problem.

So here it is.

In the last few days during regular surfing on the net and playing online games my computer crashes just after the error message occured.

The error message says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error

R6025
- pure virtual function call

I am not all to familiar with the technical aspects of the PC system so I hope you can help me. I use Windows XP, Service Pack 2.

Thank you in advance.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
So it's the same error when you do two different things? My guess would be some program running in the background. Besides, I don't think IE would give such an error, but I could be wrong. Maybe you could run to event viewer(rightclick my computer, manage, then click event viewer) Perhaps right after the error occurs, and see if anything's logged.

K-Mart

I did that and it showed errors from two sources, the first one is MsiInstaller and the second one is LoadPref.

By the way, I've just tried some of the other games that I have, and the three of those games also crashed.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hmm... Those don't ring a bell right off... well, LoadPref. MsiInstaller throws me...no clue why it's trying to run when you're doing other stuff.

Have you scanned for spyware and such recently?

K-Mart

I've formatted disk a couple a days of. Is it possible that something is wrong with the graphics drivers I have? I use GeForce 6600GT.

K-Mart

Today something different happened. When the window froze, blue screen appeard saying:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this STOP ERROR screen, restart your computer.

At the end it says "Disable BIOS Memory caching or shadowing".

K-Mart

I tried to download the latest driver from Device manager>Update driver but it said that I already have the latest drivers. Maybe something is wrong with that and it won't download the latest drivers.

At the site you showed me it doesn't have drivers for 6600GT card that I have, but only for GeForce and TNT 2, GeForce Go7800 GTX, Quadro nd Riva 128/128ZX.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member
K-Mart said:
I tried to download the latest driver from Device manager>Update driver but it said that I already have the latest drivers. Maybe something is wrong with that and it won't download the latest drivers.

At the site you showed me it doesn't have drivers for 6600GT card that I have, but only for GeForce and TNT 2, GeForce Go7800 GTX, Quadro nd Riva 128/128ZX.

Yours is the GeForce 6800gt, just click on the GeForce link!

K-Mart

I downloaded and installed new drivers but the problem remains. I am quite sure that the problem is in the drivers but I can't understand it.

K-Mart

Yes I did. Interesting thing happened when I tried to play NHL 2006. As I was playing it, in the middle of the game the image froze, but I could hear the sound that the game went on even though the display was frozen.

StrangleHold

Staff member
K-Mart said:
I've formatted disk a couple a days of. Is it possible that something is wrong with the graphics drivers I have? I use GeForce 6600GT.

Did you update your chipset drivers