A little help pleae

HollaHolla

Hi Can anybody help. I have a network set up at my house. 3 computers. My friend has come round with a wireless laptop, it detects the network but when we try and connect to it, it says unable to connect to network. Help would be great as were growing quite frustrated so I've turned to the experts

Jet

VIP Member
We don't live here :). (almost, but not quite :D)

Did you enter the password (if applicable)? What type of wireless is your router? your friend's computer? Do you have your router set up so that it only sends out 3 IP addresses?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am willing to be jet hit the nail on the head, if you are using any kind of encryption, the wireless client will need that passkey to join your encrypted network.

what is your router brand, and how is it set up? Also, if its a Linksys they have one touch buttons on the router to enable/disable the wireless. Make sure that is not the case.

george@123

Well as you have specified your problem that u r not able to connect wirelessly on your friends laptop. Now according to me i think this is bcoz ur wireless network connection is secured with a particular key which is good so nobody can access and use your internet.

Well all you have to do is to configure ur friend's laptop according to your wireless router and it will be connected afterwards.

For more clarification i will recommend QRESOLVE.COM from there you can ask ur question thru a chat,email or a phone call.
thnx