A little survey

leo_dav

Well school commends you that you do stuff for class... and I have to do my own research for some.. research paper :p

Anyway if you would like to answer the following questions, please do so :)

1) If you were to have a computer right now what would its components be (I would like to hear at least brand names though any other info is useful)?
2)Would you biuld said computer yourself, let another one you know biuld it for you or let a company do it for you?
3)Are you heavily influenced in what people say and give opinions about computer parts or you rather tend to stick to brands regardless?
4) Do you keep yourself knowlegdeable about the latest technology available or you do not care about the uptodate news and tend to side to slightly older technology?
5)When choosing parts, what do you have in mind?

Thanks in advance :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
We so have sticky threads for this ... if you're gonna have us do your homework for you, read them stickies. If you cant find them ... well then ... you're gonna have some serious problems even if we spoonfed the answers to ya ;)

spacedude89

leo_dav said:
1) If you were to have a computer right now what would its components be (I would like to hear at least brand names though any other info is useful)?
be more spefic, do you mean if i could build one right now? or what i currently have?
leo_dav said:
2)Would you biuld said computer yourself, let another one you know biuld it for you or let a company do it for you?
Build it myself
leo_dav said:
3)Are you heavily influenced in what people say and give opinions about computer parts or you rather tend to stick to brands regardless?
Depends, for example, i prefer corsair ram, but if somone said that the Corsair XMS was crap but the XMS2 was great, id get the XMS2
leo_dav said:
4) Do you keep yourself knowlegdeable about the latest technology available or you do not care about the uptodate news and tend to side to slightly older technology?
Heh, i try like hell to keep up.

leo_dav said:
Again, you could be more spefic. but i generaly choose parts based on these varibles

Is it quality?
Will it last?
Does it perform well?
will it work with my other parts well?
whats the price?
What have other people said about it?
what brand is it?

skidude

leo_dav said:

AMD Athlon FX-60
Asus A8R-MVP Mobo
2 Radeon X1900XTX's
4GB Corsair XMS

Those are just the main components (I wish I had that :D )

Build it myself.

Depends on what exactly it is they say.

Latest, but its hard with all this new crap coming out :p

How good is it?
Will it last long?
Will it run all my games well?
Can I afford it?
Is it worth all that money?
Is the brand reliable?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Check your spelling and grammar next time :p

1) AMD processors, Nvidia GPU and chipsets

2) I like building my machine, but I'd probably just purchase one from a company so I get a better warrenty.

3) I am influenced by others in bulk, but I also like trying things myself. A bad experience with a brand will turn me away from them for good(like maxtor ;P)

4) I'm doing better, but for the most part, I stick to older technology. I don't desire what I don't know about ;)

5) Brand, personal experience, reviews, warrenty, model...about that much in that order...

lee101

VIP Member
leo_dav said:
I'd get AMD cpu, Gigbyte motherboard, and just well known brands for the rest of the stuff
build it myself
I always read reviews of stuff i buy before i purchase it, and a lot of the time ask for aopinions on here, i will occasionally go fro non-brand parts, but never for anything important/expensize, like HDD or CPU
I'd say i'm pretty up to date with the latest technology, but i don't go around websites specifically to look for news, most of the time if something important appears then it will be posted here and i will read about it
Firstly budget, then i suppose brand, and the specifications of a part, and if it has good user feedback

Hope this helps with the survey

Lee :D