A new pc

kolba807

Hi after a few years of struggling with playing on my laptop i Decided to buy myself a new pc:

-grandis 2
-gigabyte rtx 2080
-goodram irdm x 16gb cl16 3000mhz (already bought)
-seasonic focus plus gold 650w
-ryzen 5 2600
-fractal design meshify c
-crucial mx500 500gb
-also i will be using a 144hz monitor

So there are two major issues. The first one is the motherboard, i can't decide which one to choose, i was thinking about the b450-A pro,b450 tomahawk or maybe b450 msi gaming plus. The second thing is will i have to buy any cables or anything to put it all together so it works or will everything come with the hardware?

jevery

I can vouch for the Tomahawk. Mine's been a great board without any glitches. Looking at spec comparison I don't see much difference at all in features, connectors, etc. I doubt you'll need to buy any additional hardware or cables unless you need an 8 pin power extension for cable routing. Even then you can usually get what you need in a day or two via amazon. Post back if you get stuck. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

OmniDyne

Hi after a few years of struggling with playing on my laptop i Decided to buy myself a new pc:

-grandis 2
-gigabyte rtx 2080
-goodram irdm x 16gb cl16 3000mhz (already bought)
-seasonic focus plus gold 650w
-ryzen 5 2600
-fractal design meshify c
-crucial mx500 500gb
-also i will be using a 144hz monitor

So there are two major issues. The first one is the motherboard, i can't decide which one to choose, i was thinking about the b450-A pro,b450 tomahawk or maybe b450 msi gaming plus. The second thing is will i have to buy any cables or anything to put it all together so it works or will everything come with the hardware?

Are you in the US?

How much are you willing to spend? If you're going for 144hz you may be better off spending more and going for the 8700K.

What prices are you finding for the MX500? It's a great drive, but there could be better options.