A new problem :(

yoy2421

So I am trying to reinstall windows on my RAID 0 hard drives, I am attempting to format them and get XP on the machine. I can boot into the windows installation blue screen.

I put in my raid driver disk, and I push f6, after a while the raid menu comes up, I select the option for an SATA raid, once it gets to the point where it says "installing windows" on the bottom grey bar, that dreaded blue screen immediatley comes up where it says:

"your computer has stopped to prevent from damaging itself, etc..., scan for viruses, etc..."

What do I do? I tried it with the windows XP installation disk that has SP2 on it, so its a recent version of windows xp....

it gives this as the error code:0x0000007B

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Where'd you get the drivers? If they came with the motherboard, have you tried downloading new ones from their website? And if you can use SP2, it wouldn't hurt to try, but I dont' think that'd be the problem...

yoy2421

ya I got the ones from the CD, I can try the ones of from the website. And get back to you ASAP. This couldn't be a hardware problem though, right?